Summer Reading Program 2020
We are imagining summer reading in a whole new way this year. There will be one reading log per age group, instead of a weekly reading log.
To earn prize tickets simply get one bingo. With each additional bingo (up to 4) you will receive additional tickets.
- After one bingo you will receive a prize book to keep.
- Families can turn in bingo boards during mealtimes (Monday-Friday, 11-1 pm) or wait until July 18.
- All big prizes will be drawn on July 20.
Online program links (except Storytime) will be posted here and on our Facebook page on the scheduled date of the program. Families can access them for two weeks. All Make and Takes are first come first serve, while supplies last. Crafts can be reserved starting the day listed for the event. Call ahead to reserve a craft or pick up during regular library hours.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Did you know that reading to your child is one of the most powerful ways to boost his or her brain power? The simple and enjoyable act of sharing books helps your child learn pre-reading skills such as understanding the sounds letters make, developing a bigger vocabulary and building background knowledge. These are all important skills that help prepare your child for learning to read and entering kindergarten.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is fun, exciting and a free way to start your child on the path to success. Any child ages birth to five can participate. Stop in today and register your child.
- All materials are checked out for a loan period of six weeks, with the exception of DVDs, Blu-Rays, KITS and Launchpads, which have a loan period of one week. All library materials can be reserved.
- Educator cards allow for 150 items to be checked out.
- Educator cards do not receive late fees. However, educators are responsible for any missing or damaged materials.
- Please remember that the educator card is for school/educational purposes only and is not for personal use.
- To request a school loan, please fill out the School Loan Request form completely and return it to the Youth Services Department in person, via fax or email, preferably at least 14 days before pick-up.
- The more time we have to gather materials, the more quality and quantity we will be able to offer you in your school loan.
- School loans will be held for one week from the specified “date of pick-up” and will then be returned to the collection.
- We can also hold subject sets in the library for student research purposes. Please let us know when your assignment will start and end and we will pull and bring in material for students to ensure they have material for their subject areas research.
- The assignment sheets you provide your students are very helpful.
3 for Me Cards
A “3 for Me” card will allow students to:
- check out up to three (3) print items at a time, including items requested from another library through our holds system;
- have complete access to all e-media owned by the Loudonville Public Library including databases, and Ohio Digital Library;
- NO overdue fines on items checked out on the cards.
Students who wish to have a regular full-access library card may still have one, with a parent or guardian signature. A “3 for Me” card does not replace a full library card. It’s only intended to supplement access to materials for LPEVSD students.