Our library is now offering ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy in the library. You can access ABCmouse.com on computers in the Youth Department, by clicking on the ABCmouse icon on the desktop or on your own device while you are in the library!
- Early learning site that covers reading and language arts, math, science, social studies, art and music.
- More than 8,500 learning activities and 450 lessons for ages 2-8+.
- Completely child-safe, with no advertising or links to other websites.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Desmond, the owl, wants to know whoo’s ready to read?
Did you know that reading to your child is one of the most powerful ways to boost his or her brain power? The simple and enjoyable act of sharing books helps your child learn pre-reading skills such as understanding the sounds letters make, developing a bigger vocabulary and building background knowledge. These are all important skills that help prepare your child for learning to read and entering kindergarten.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is fun, exciting and a free way to start your child on the path to success. Any child ages birth to five can participate. Stop in today and register your child. You can print the 100 Book Tracking Sheet here.
- All materials are checked out for a loan period of six weeks, with the exception of DVDs, Blu-Rays, KITS and Launchpads, which have a loan period of one week. All library materials can be reserved.
- Educator cards allow for 150 items to be checked out.
- Educator cards do not receive late fees. However, educators are responsible for any missing or damaged materials.
- Please remember that the educator card is for school/educational purposes only and is not for personal use.
- To request a school loan, please fill out the School Loan Request form completely and return it to the Youth Services Department in person, via fax or email, preferably at least 14 days before pick-up.
- The more time we have to gather materials, the more quality and quantity we will be able to offer you in your school loan.
- School loans will be held for one week from the specified “date of pick-up” and will then be returned to the collection.
- We can also hold subject sets in the library for student research purposes. Please let us know when your assignment will start and end and we will pull and bring in material for students to ensure they have material for their subject areas research.
- The assignment sheets you provide your students are very helpful.
3 for Me Cards
A “3 for Me” card will allow students to:
- check out up to three (3) print items at a time, including items requested from another library through our holds system;
- have complete access to all e-media owned by the Loudonville Public Library including databases, and Ohio Digital Library;
- NO overdue fines on items checked out on the cards.
Students who wish to have a regular full-access library card may still have one, with a parent or guardian signature. A “3 for Me” card does not replace a full library card. It’s only intended to supplement access to materials for LPEVSD students.